21 Questions to Ask when Qualifying Your Contractor
- How long have you been in business?
- In what kind of work do you specialize?
- How many employees do you have?
- How long have your key employees been with you?
- Will you use your own crew for the work or will you subcontract all or part of the job?
- What types of work are you licensed to do in our state?
- How many other synagogues have you built or renovated?
- Who will be the project manager on our project?
- Do you have a working relationship with any architect who specializes in synagogues?
- How much insurance do you carry? What about general liability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance?
- Are you a bondable company? To what limit?
- Have you ever had a claim against either your insurance carrier or your bonding firm? Explain
- How will this project fit into your production schedule?
- How long do you expect the outlined scope of work will take to complete?
- What type of contract would you propose for the work that we desire? Design/Build, cost plus, fixed fee, hourly, etc.?
- What kind of warranty do you offer?
- What is your best “synagogue” project? Why?
- How do you handle clean up, do you broom clean or do you hire a professional cleaning company?
- How do you feel about members of the congregation who are contractors donating or bidding work on this project?
- What about synagogue members who want to volunteer their time and talents?
- How we please obtain a list of other synagogues for whom you have worked?